As children enter high school, parents may feel they should restrict their communication and connection to their children’s school in order to respect their children’s growing autonomy. Actually, the Vancouver School Board, the BC Teachers Federation, and Kits PAC encourage you to stay involved with your children’s schooling throughout high school.
Students Related Links
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards: For information please refer to their website for more information https://www.
- District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) or http://vsbdpac.ca/
- BC Confederation of PACs (BCCPAC)
- PAN (Parent Advocacy Network for Public Education)
- PENS (Public Education Network Society)
- Canadian Parents for French (CPF)
- BC Teachers Federation (BCTF) Home Page
- BCTF Parent Pages
- Concussion Awarness Training Tool – Cattonline.com provides up-to-date concussion education for parents and coaches.
It includes video lessons and resources to effectively prevent, recognize, and manage a player’s recovery.
- Sea Smart is a Vancouver-based charity that delivers online programs, school workshops, after school programs, summer camps, shoreline clean-ups and corporate programs.
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Centre of BC – Support and resources for people experiencing suicidal thoughts and feelings; training in suicide awareness and prevention. Also offers youth specific resources.
BC Ministry of Education Links
- BC Ministry of Education Home Page
- BC Ministry of Education, Programs & Services for Parents
- BC Ministry of Education, Examinations (Grade 10, 11 & 12)
- BC Ministry of Education, Graduation
Kits Area Links